What's the hold-up....

About three weeks ago, I completed work on 'Tip of the Spear', with the expectation of giving the beta readers a week or so to go over it, make the changes, and get the book on sale. By now, I was hoping that it would be available. Now, the beta feedback was actually extremely positive, no major changes needed (aside introducing another character, but that's another story...) which meant that it should only have taken a few days to get it out there...

Then I caught Death Fever. I tend to get my illnesses on an annual basis, and I was half-expecting this one – usually it's either November or January, and it floors me for a few days, and I get back to normal again. Often I just work through it. This time, wow, it was a good one. Two weeks it hit me back – I couldn't concentrate on anything long enough to work on it, and it was as much as I could do to stagger to my computer to check my emails.

Finally, however, I have managed to shift whatever god-awful bug it was that had its evil grip on me, and have got myself back on my feet – and just in time, too, as I have a little deadline to meet on this one, aside the desire of the readers (well, I certainly hope so) to get the next chapter in the Battlecruiser Alamo saga; my dad's going into hospital in a couple of weeks, and I need to have the book finished by then, or see it delayed even further...

So, to work! I'm now plugging my way though the manuscript, and will log my progress on the blog on a revised version of the progress sidebar. Everything's going pretty well up till now, and I'm hoping that this means that 'Tip of the Spear' will be out at the end of the month. I have a list of everything that needs doing, I pretty much just have to input the changes at this point, so with any luck, this should go fairly smoothly.


Then, of course, the nerve-wracking process of seeing what the outside world thinks of it will begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment